Samsung Galaxy ACE Plus is a mid-range smartphone that powered by Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread and feature a 1 GHz Cortex-A5 processor. If you want to update your device to this latest android OS (like ICS and Jelly bean) then you should first install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. One the other point, if you want to release the power of your device then you should root your device first.
In this article we will guide you to install CWM recovery on Galaxy ACE Plus that is running on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in this tutorial is considered as risky and maycause damage to your phone. It is recommended that you should not follow it unless you are familiar with these things. Follow this guide completely at your own risk.
I. Before You Begin:
- The following procedure works for only Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 smartphones. Please do not try this on any other models as it may damage your phone.
- Make sure your device have at least 80% battery power.
- Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
II. Downloading Required Files:
- ClockworkMod Recovery [Filename: clockworkmod recovery 18.104.22.168 samsung galaxy ace plus by trebon.tar.md5] (Alternative link 1, Alternative link 2)
- Odin3 v1.85 (Alternative link)
III. How to Install Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery on Galaxy ACE Plus S7500
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Disconnect your phone now.
- Switch off your phone.
- Now, put the Galaxy ACE Plus S7500 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! Screen will come up; press Up button again to continue to enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v1.85.exe as an Administrator.
- Now connect your Galaxy ACE Plus S7500 with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs:
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the cwm-trebon.tar.md5 file.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected.
- Double check everything that we mentioned. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, the phone will then automatically. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.