Friday, August 23
Tuesday, August 20
Monday, August 12
Update your Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 to Slim bean Android 4.2.2 version 8.1 (Updated August 12, 2013)
Jelly bean based Slim Bean ROM can be said as one of the finest Custom ROM found in the internet for Samsung Galaxy S Plus. Since this update is not the one which is officially released by Samsung Electronics, for applying his update you will have to root your Galaxy S PLUS I9001 device (Go to this link to root your Samsung Galaxy S Plus). Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be coming up with any future updates like ICS or Jellybean for SGS PLUS I9001 officially. The best part is that from now we will be constantly coming up with the custom ROM firmwares which are here to further increase the user experience.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
With the help of below mentioned steps back up all the data so that if at all the data gets corrupted /lost, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data or else there is a risk of device getting not detecting in KIES with which you will not be able to restore the backup taken. Move all the backed up files in your computer.
SMS – Download "SMS Backup & Restore app" from play store,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Download "Call Log and Restore" app from play store,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Enable USB Debugging Mode in your Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your device as these interrupt the process of firmware update process.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Things to download : Slim bean android 4.2.2 v8.1 ROM & Slim Gapps
Procedure to install Slim Bean custom ROM firmware on Galaxy S GT I9001 PLUS:
- Your phone should be installed with clockwork mod recovery to install this rom. If it is installed, continue to second step otherwise visit this post to install clockwork mod recovery.
- Download the Slim Bean Rom from here and Slim gapps from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you will then have to connect your Galaxy S GT I9001 PLUS device to computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S PLUS I9001 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button and then turning ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Additionally, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.( if you are on another android 4.2.2 custom rom u dont neet to do wipe data/factory reset, just wipe cache and dalvik cache)
- Now, select “Go Back” and select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then select the Slim Bean custom ROM firmware as well as Slim gapps one by one (complete one and then by same process do another) which you have placed on your phone.
- Once selected, it will take around 5 -6 minutes for applying this update. Also, for the first boot it will take more time than usual as it has to setup all the system files and other apps which are necessary ones. Ensure that you have cleared the cache in your device as it will wipe all the unwanted data from the recovery mode just in case if you face any force close issues in any of the Google Apps or the core apps present in your device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully installed Jelly bean 4.2.2 based Slim Bean ROM on your Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 smartphone.
Saturday, August 10
Slim Bean has released their.2.2 based custom ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 that you can install on your phone and enjoy the stock Android experience along with tons of new tweaks and features added by the Slim Bean team. This custom ROM has been built directly from the AOSP source which means you get to enjoy the latest Android 4.2.2 on your Samsung Vibrant. This is not an official release by Google, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like in order to flash the ROM on your phone. You will be able to update Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 to Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Version 8 custom with our tutorial.
In this tutorial, we will tell you backup your phone data and also some more tips that you have to keep in mind before proceeding to the tutorial on page. You will have to wipe your previous personal data and apps as usual when this custom ROM, like always. Let’s begin with the tutorial below.Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959 with complete steps using CWM recovery. We also have several tips on how to
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial
Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM Details:
This Slim Bean custom ROM looks like all stock, but contains a number of amazing features under-the-hood. The ROM comes with the following options, that extend to a whole new list of options that you can customize:
- Device Options – Samsung Vibrant Settings
- Interface – Majority of customization options are here
- OTA – Update Me
- Performance – CPU, voltage, tweaks etc
- Profiles – Set up various profiles for different occasions/environments such as work, home, evening etc
- Quiet hours
- Themes – Theme engine
- About Slim
T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant USB Drivers
You will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you havethe for T-Mobile Galaxy Ace properly. If not, you can download the latest official from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Backup and Other Important Tips
Done with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, pleaseat the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Contacts, Gmail and Google Data. How? –> Sync with Google Sync.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup WhatsApp Messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore WhatsApp Messages.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.T-Mobile users can also back up data using T-Mobile KIES. If you backup data, you get more options what to choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving T-Mobile Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:
1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode. See here: How to Enable USB Debugging — for Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. This might help you: How to Check Battery Percentage. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?4. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
We have put together a detailed step-by-step instructions guide onSlim Bean Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959. If you are used to custom ROMs on your Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959, then this should not be any different for you.
However, for beginners, you need to root your T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant and install a custom recovery. Please Google that up if you are unsure and read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it.
- This tutorial is only for installing Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant SGH-T959. Please do not try on any other Samsung Vibrant variants.
- Your phone should have ClockworkMod recovery from before.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Proceed at your own risk.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the recovery mode.
- T-Mobile KIES will NOT detect your phone after installing Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean because it is a custom ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1 - Download Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Google Apps for Samsung Vibrant to your computer.
Step 2 -and mount your Samsung Vibrant USB memory using the USB cable.
Step 3 - Now copy/paste the downloaded Android 4.2.2 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to your SD card. Make sure the files are in the SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4 - Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5 - Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone whileand holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6 - Inrecovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.
Step 8 -Now using your volume keys, navigate to the Android 4.2.2 ROMthat you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the on screen and the installation procedure should start now.
NOTE: Repeat this same step for the Google Apps zip file as well.
Step 9 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. The phone will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Samsung Vibrant has now been updated to Slim Bean Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thank us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.
Thursday, August 8
MX Player Pro play.google.com.videoplayer.pro
MULTI-CORE DECODING - MX Video Player is the first Android video player that performs multi-core decoding. According to the test results on dual-core devices, it shows up to 70% performance improvement than single-core devices.
CPU OPTIMIZATION - Provides highly optimized CODECs and Rendering Engines for the processors including ARM® NEON™ and NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2.
MULTI-TOUCH VIDEO ZOOM CONTROL - Zoom while playing your video in and out using multi-touch gestures.
SUBTITLE SCROLL - Scroll on subtitle text and playback position will be adjusted to match previous or next subtitle timing.
BETTER SUBTITLE READABILITY - Increased subtitle readability with thicker border and shadow around text.
FULL HONEYCOMB SUPPORT
Supported File Types :
- Sub Station Alpha(.ssa/.ass)
- Matroska (.mkv) Subtitle Track. (text, ass/ssa only)
- CUSTOM CODEC BEFORE 1.7.16 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION.
- Support Android 4.3.
- Improved Hi10p playback performance with s/w decoder.
- Added an option to use h/w decoder's native audio track selecting feature for Android 4.1 and higher.
- Added "audio player" option to use MX Player as an audio player.
- Added YUV color format for s/w decoder.
- Added an option for selecting preferred audio language.
- "Back to list" option replaces "Playback completion action" option.
After Earth play.google.com.afterearth
After Earth is an all-new based on the film where you can slide, leap and fly through perilous terrain, and slice and dice evil creatures that lurk in the dark with your cutlass sword. Not your typical action-running game – you can confront and defeat an array of vicious creatures in epic , freefall, zipline and more!Fight for survival and defeat your enemies—but whatever you do, do not succumb to fear!
- Story Mode – Complete 20 challenging missions and levels along the way
- Infinite Mode – Test your reflexes and explore the stunning environments inspired by the film
- Collect and change suits for experiences
- Fulfill multiple achievements by replaying the danger-filled levels
- Think you’re better than ? Prove it by besting their scores, level , and achievements